What are case reports and why are they important?
- Case reports are a type of scientific report that allows researchers to describe scientific observations that are missed or undetectable in clinical trials.
- Case reports can include commentaries and anecdotes about unusual clinical conditions, or circumstances that aren’t measured in a formal clinical trial.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- Tips for writing a case report
- This article discusses the essential components of a case report, with useful guidelines and tips for novice authors.
- Introduction to writing case report
- This is a comprehensive, 42-minute video on a writing case report, including cases that are appropriate for this format versus those that are not.
- Writing case report for use in scientific research paper
- This shorter (9-minute) video talks about the basics of a case report on how to write case report, and five common findings that occasion a case report.
- Alsaywid, B. S., & Abdulhaq, N. M. (2019). Guideline on writing a case report. Urology Annals, 11(2),126–131.
- The article provides guidance to novice authors to improve the quality of their case reporting.