How do I write and submit a manuscript for publication?
- The standard format is endorsed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), which is followed by most of the standard journals.
- Most guidelines are almost similar to ICMJE protocol with some specific variation to individual journals which the author must acknowledge.
- The author should also be aware of ethical issues while making submissions to different journals at the same time.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors standards for preparing a manuscript for submission to a medical journal.
- Yale university press guidelines for manuscript preparation.
- How to write a research paper: A to Z of Academic writing.
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), guide to ethical issues on multiple submissions.
- Six things to do before writing a manuscript, shared by Elsevier.
- Journal of Nepal Medical Association (JNMA) video guide to submit manuscript [Nepali version].
- Jirge, P.R. (2017). Preparing and publishing a scientific manuscript. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, 10(1): 3-9.