What is implementation science and why is it important?
- Implementation Science plays a critical role in delivering cancer control practices.
- Implementation Science includes methods to promote the adoption and integration of evidence-based practices, interventions, and policies.
- Implementation Science examines how evidence-based programs work in the real world.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- Overview of Implementation Science
- A comprehensive U.S. National Cancer Institute guide for Cancer Control Practitioners that offers a systematic approach to implement evidence-based, public health programs, regardless of where you are in your implementation process.
- What is Implementation Science?
- A 16-minute video from Interdisciplinary Research Leaders (a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation program) that talks about the basics of implementation science with relevant examples.
- Introduction to Dissemination and Implementation Science
- This is an excellent 8-module webinar series from the U.S. National Institute of Cancer Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences.
Templates and Examples
- Implementation Science Methodologies and Frameworks
- This U.S. National Institute of Health Fogarty International Center toolkit describes the implementation science model with examples.
- Bauer, M. S., Damschroder, L., Hagedorn, H., Smith, J., & Kilbourne, A. M. (2015). An introduction to implementation science for the non-specialist. BMC Psychology, 3(32), 1–12.