Preparing the Response to Reviewers/Responding to Feedback
How do I respond to reviewer feedback and prepare a re-submission?
- Writing a reviewer response follows sets of principles that need to be understood by all researchers.
- There are guidelines and a set of simple rules which help an author respond to reviewer comments in a professional way.
- Some sample responses can be a guide while writing such reviews.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- This highlights ten simple rules for writing a response to reviewers, a simple guide shared by PLOS Computational Biology.
- The Peer Review journal shares guidelines and explanations for understanding reviewer feedback.
- Four simple steps to answer reviewer comments – the “CALM” way, from Elsevier.
- Memorial University’s video series on tips and tricks to responding to reviewer comments.
- A great tip from a graduate regarding writing a response to a reviewer with templates and examples.
Templates and Examples
- Template shared by PLOS journal regarding how to write peer review.
- Sample response to reviewer shared by the American Psychological Association.
- Sample response to reviewer comments shared by British Medical Journal.
- Patino, C.M., Ferreira, J.C. (2019). Writing an effective response to reviewers: The goal is to improve the study and get it published! Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, 45(1): e20190020.