Quantitative Data Analysis
How do I analyze quantitative data?
- Quantitative data analysis is the analysis of numerical data, specifically through mathematical or statistical methods.
- Quantitative data analysis is useful when seeking reliable and objective data which can prove or disprove association or causality.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- A Really Simple Guide to Quantitative Data Analysis
- A very useful overview that discusses the basics of statistics, and provides a twelve-step method for conducting quantitative data analysis.
- Analyzing Quantitative Data for Evaluation
- This article provides an overview of quantitative data, tips for planning and conducting data analysis, and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of quantitative data.
- Quantitative Analysis Basics
- A 15-minute video that reviews basic statistical methods and tests which are useful when conducting statistical analyses, especially after surveys.
- The Process of Quantitative Data Analysis
- This 20-minute video provides a comprehensive overview covering steps in data analysis and statistical techniques.
- Kaplan, J., Jalili, M., & Taylor, D. M. D. (2020). Basic statistics: A research primer for low- and middle-income countries. African Journal of Emergency Medicine, 10, S145–S149.