Selecting the Conference / Venue
How do I select the right opportunity to share and disseminate findings?
- Selecting the right research conference allows you to enhance the impact of your research, network, and even receive recognition for your work.
- There are several factors to consider when selecting a conference, including your specialty, the location, accessibility and transportation, and venue amenities like Internet, audio-visual system, and flexible accommodations.
Helpful Links, Videos and Online Courses
- Identifying Quality Conferences Tip Sheet
- This resource provides tips for selecting a conference based on the specific professional society or association, the timeline from abstract submission to a conference presentation, and awards offered.
- It also provides information for identifying and avoiding predatory conferences.
- Choosing a Conference
- This blog post offers personal insights into considerations for conference selection, including the purpose of the conference, weighing the cost of attendance, and the financial or professional incentives available.
- Strategies to Identify the Best Conference for You
- A 6-minute video that discusses strategies to select a conference strategically, considering your research focus, the potential for career advancement, and professional networking opportunities.
- How to Choose the Best Conference
- Registry Verified Conferences
- This 21-minute video is geared toward conference organizers and describes the process for becoming registry-certified, an accreditation process that can benefit conference organizers.
- The video describes the benefits and important logistical details to work out prior to the conference.